THE LEADING SURGEON BASED PROVIDER OF WOUND CARE SERVICES
Wound Care Surgeons
Wound Care Surgeons (WCS) delivers advanced wound consultation and G-tube replacement services. WCS focuses on highly coordinated, efficient, low-cost delivery of MD/PA/NP services dedicated to patients with multiple chronic co-morbid conditions.
We provide LTACs (Long Term Acute Care Services), SNFs (Skilled Nurse Facilities), Rehabs, Home Health Agencies and Hospices with the most advanced wound consult & treatment and gastrostomy tube replacement under mobile x-ray at patients location.
- Pre-visit planning to optimize care
- Preventative care approach to wound management
- Team management of chronic conditions
- Integrate condition-specific pathways for chronic co-morbid conditions affecting wound healing
Reducing the overall cost of the health care system
- Wound dressing supply costs
- Hospital admissions due to wounds or wound infection
- Hospital length of stay (LOS)
- Surgical procedures related to wounds
- Home health & hospice interventions
- Skilled Nursing Facility days
- Emergency room visits
- Infection rates
We make all possible efforts to see the patient at the earliest. However, it depends, if all of the patient’s required documentation is submitted for review. Once the patient is accepted, we will provide available appointment times. It may take longer if the patients have a specific appointment day and time needs. All visits to the bedside have to be pre-arranged with our office.
We accept chronic non-healing wounds only. However, we review each case before accepting it. We only accept cases where we feel we can genuinely make a difference and improve the quality of life of the patient. It's not given that your referral will be accepted by our practice. We certainly don't want to give any false hope, waste time, and resources.
We send all progress reports to the home health agency, hospice agency, or PCP within 24 hours of our visit. We also communicate with PCPs if other concerns require prompt attention.
Maintenance wound care visits are scheduled once weekly.