Each year more than 8 million people in the USA suffer from chronic wounds commonly associated with such endemic comorbid health conditions as diabetes, obesity, and PVD.
In Irvine, wound Care Surgeons collaborate and coordinates care with multidisciplinary services. This is a cost-effective approach to improving limb salvage and wound healing rates. The trained & specialized wound care surgeons team implements customized treatments using some of the best wound care technologies available in home settings. We perform and evaluate weekly the applied healing process right from the beginning, including active supervision of wound changes leading to infection or other healing impediments.
We provide high-quality feeding tube replacement and wound care treatments for chronic, non-healing wounds, including Pressure Ulcers, Diabetic Ulcers, Arterial Ulcers, Venous Ulcers, Chronic Osteomyelitis, and surgical wounds, and many more.
At Wound Care Surgeons in Irvine, we specialize in locating underlying causes and treating patients through evidence-based pathways and care.
Feeding Tubes Services
A feeding tube is a silicone tube used to provide nutrition to patients who cannot eat by mouth. These patients usually have trouble swallowing safely, or patient needs supplemental feeding. People with cancer, dementia, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), protein-energy malnourished, poor appetite for a long time, liver failure, a head or neck disorder can benefit from having a feeding tube. There are different types of feeding tubes including ones that go through the nose, stomach, or intestines.
Wound Care Surgeons can replace your feeding tube for issues such as clogging, leakage, maceration and infection at the stoma site, bleeding from hypergrnulation tissue or dislodged feeding tube.
Urgent feeding tube replacement services are available for eligible patients seven days a week.
WCS provides clinical expertise through:
- G-tube or PEG replacement with radiologist read
- Assessment and treatment of all wound types including (Pressure Ulcers- Stages I-IV, Non-Pressure- Arterial, Diabetic, Venous and Postsurgical Wounds)
- All patients receive the same quality of care, regardless of payer source. We accept Medicare, Medi-Medi, PPO, HMOs, and IPAs with approved authorization.
- Continued quality measures and improvement activities in built in our practice protocol.
- Physicians recommend generic dressings keeping wound dressing supplies costs contained
- We work as part of a wound care team with your nurses to improve healing rates.
- Physicians may incorporate dietician consult and IV antibiotic therapy if clinically necessary
- Physician documentation and orders supporting your care are completed and returned within 24 hours of our provider's encounter with the patient.
Surgical Wound Consult
We accept all kind of wounds and ulcers for consult and management so that home health and hospice nurses can have wound specialist orders for faster healing or palliative wound care for simple and complex wounds of any etiology. We debride wounds under local anesthesia and use various modalities post debridement to heal wounds faster. We decrease wound size extension by enhancing nutrition, decrease risk of infection and place patients on proper antibiotics, minimize trauma, pain, hospitalization and increase patient quality of life by preventive care programs.