Wounds can be painful, intolerable, and sometimes are in crucial need of extra care and highly standardized medical care, especially Chronic non-healing wounds..
Chronic non-healing wounds are not only unbearable but can also lead to severe complications, including infections, illness, and amputation. Wound Care Surgeons in Orange County is a top-notch, experienced, and innovative wound care specialist medical practice established in 2012 with the mission of providing the same in-depth wound care in Orange County you are entitled to receive in a traditional hospital but for an extended recovery period.
Our team of Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners will visit your location in Orange County and generates a customized treatment plan, bringing improved comfort, function, and quality of life. Our Orange County's wound care specialist can offer the most up to date bedside wound care for a variety of Wound patients and help you with feeding tube management as well.
Our practice provides the highest quality of care to our patients at their bedside by
Pre-visit planning to optimize care
Preventive care approach to wound management
Team management of chronic conditions
Integrate condition-specific pathways for chronic co-morbid conditions affecting wound healing
Reducing re-admission rate to hospital,
Reducing transportation to hospitals
Reducing nursing visits
Reducing cost on wound supplies
Our staff is readily available and responsive to the referring physicians.
Feeding Tubes Services
A feeding tube is a silicone tube used to provide nutrition to patients who cannot eat by mouth. These patients usually have trouble swallowing safely, or patient needs supplemental feeding. People with cancer, dementia, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), protein-energy malnourished, poor appetite for a long time, liver failure, a head or neck disorder can benefit from having a feeding tube. There are different types of feeding tubes including ones that go through the nose, stomach, or intestines.
Wound Care Surgeons can replace your feeding tube for issues such as clogging, leakage, maceration and infection at the stoma site, bleeding from hypergrnulation tissue or dislodged feeding tube.
Urgent feeding tube replacement services are available for eligible patients seven days a week.
WCS provides clinical expertise through:
- G-tube or PEG replacement with radiologist read
- Assessment and treatment of all wound types including (Pressure Ulcers- Stages I-IV, Non-Pressure- Arterial, Diabetic, Venous and Postsurgical Wounds)
- All patients receive the same quality of care, regardless of payer source. We accept Medicare, Medi-Medi, PPO, HMOs, and IPAs with approved authorization.
- Continued quality measures and improvement activities in built in our practice protocol.
- Physicians recommend generic dressings keeping wound dressing supplies costs contained
- We work as part of a wound care team with your nurses to improve healing rates.
- Physicians may incorporate dietician consult and IV antibiotic therapy if clinically necessary
- Physician documentation and orders supporting your care are completed and returned within 24 hours of our provider's encounter with the patient.
Surgical Wound Consult
We accept all kind of wounds and ulcers for consult and management so that home health and hospice nurses can have wound specialist orders for faster healing or palliative wound care for simple and complex wounds of any etiology. We debride wounds under local anesthesia and use various modalities post debridement to heal wounds faster. We decrease wound size extension by enhancing nutrition, decrease risk of infection and place patients on proper antibiotics, minimize trauma, pain, hospitalization and increase patient quality of life by preventive care programs.