In Riverside, Wound Care Surgeons is dedicated to providing above and beyond care standards for patients with chronic, non-healing wounds. Chronic wounds are complex to heal with conventional treatment and often associated with severe underlying medical issues, including diabetes, heart conditions, or vascular problems.
At Wound Care Surgeons in Riverside, we help patients overcome the complications of chronic non-healing wounds by providing specialized treatment for the underlying causes through evidence-based wound care pathways.
Our staff uses a multidisciplinary approach to evaluate and identify the underlying comorbid conditions affecting the wounds.
We treat chronic non-healing wounds such as Pressure Ulcers, Diabetic Ulcers, Arterial Ulcers, Venous Ulcers, infected, surgical, and burn wounds and provide feeding tube replacement & maintenance services.
Our team of Physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, use advanced technologies available for home settings to assess, diagnose, and treat chronic non-healing wounds.
Wound Care Surgeons for a decade, has helped communities across southern California provide improved wound care. We have achieved proven better outcomes – saving immense cost per patient and reducing healing times.
Our specially trained staff treat patients consistently – rounding weekly, build a coordinated clinical team, share patient notes immediately, and educate home health and hospice staff.
Feeding Tubes Services
A feeding tube is a silicone tube used to provide nutrition to patients who cannot eat by mouth. These patients usually have trouble swallowing safely, or patient needs supplemental feeding. People with cancer, dementia, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), protein-energy malnourished, poor appetite for a long time, liver failure, a head or neck disorder can benefit from having a feeding tube. There are different types of feeding tubes including ones that go through the nose, stomach, or intestines.
Wound Care Surgeons can replace your feeding tube for issues such as clogging, leakage, maceration and infection at the stoma site, bleeding from hypergrnulation tissue or dislodged feeding tube.
Urgent feeding tube replacement services are available for eligible patients seven days a week.
WCS provides clinical expertise through:
- Weekly PA/NP evaluation based on complexity.
- G-tube or PEG replacement with radiologist read on the same day – available seven days a week.
- Assessment and treatment of all wound types including (Pressure Ulcers- Stages I-IV, Non-Pressure- Arterial, Diabetic, Venous and Postsurgical Wounds)
- All patients receive the same quality of care, regardless of payer source. We accept Medicare, Medi-Medi, PPO, HMOs, and IPAs with approved authorization.
- Continued quality measures and improvement activities in built in our practice protocol.
- Physicians recommend generic dressings keeping wound dressing supplies costs contained
- We work as part of a wound care team with your nurses to improve healing rates.
- Physicians may incorporate dietician consult and IV antibiotic therapy if clinically necessary
- Physician documentation and orders supporting your care are completed and returned within 24 hours of our provider's encounter with the patient.
Surgical Wound Consult
We accept all kind of wounds and ulcers for consult and management so that home health and hospice nurses can have wound specialist orders for faster healing or palliative wound care for simple and complex wounds of any etiology. We debride wounds under local anesthesia and use various modalities post debridement to heal wounds faster. We decrease wound size extension by enhancing nutrition, decrease risk of infection and place patients on proper antibiotics, minimize trauma, pain, hospitalization and increase patient quality of life by preventive care programs.