A chronic wound is a wound, induced by varying causes, whose progression through healing phases is prolonged or arrested because of underlying conditions. Treating these chronic, non-healing wounds pose a particular challenge for both patients and physicians. At Wound Care Surgeons, we are committed to treating all kinds of chronic non-healing wounds of patients through evidence-based pathways by following a multidisciplinary approach to lead their normal daily living activities. Wound Care Specialist of WCS in San Bernardino provide services in the comfort of your own home. Our program involves the in-depth assessment of the wound, appropriate treatment, dressing recommendations, evaluation of applied treatment, and involving other consultants for a favorable outcome.
The professional team provides a full range of feeding tube replacement & wound care services for high-quality, effective treatment of associated medical conditions. Wound Care Surgeons offers a full range of dedicated wound care treatment for- Pressure Ulcers, Diabetic Ulcers, Arterial Ulcers, Venous Ulcers, Chronic Osteomyelitis, surgical wounds, etc. Intending to save additional costs, time & energy by multiple visits at the hospital, our team assesses, manages, and treats wounds at your bedside. We go above and beyond the standards of practice to treat chronic and complex wounds.
Feeding Tubes Services
A feeding tube is a silicone tube used to provide nutrition to patients who cannot eat by mouth. These patients usually have trouble swallowing safely, or patient needs supplemental feeding. People with cancer, dementia, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), protein-energy malnourished, poor appetite for a long time, liver failure, a head or neck disorder can benefit from having a feeding tube. There are different types of feeding tubes including ones that go through the nose, stomach, or intestines.
Wound Care Surgeons can replace your feeding tube for issues such as clogging, leakage, maceration and infection at the stoma site, bleeding from hypergrnulation tissue or dislodged feeding tube.
Urgent feeding tube replacement services are available for eligible patients seven days a week.
WCS provides clinical expertise through:
- Weekly PA/NP evaluation based on complexity.
- G-tube or PEG replacement with radiologist read on the same day – available seven days a week.
- Assessment and treatment of all wound types including (Pressure Ulcers- Stages I-IV, Non-Pressure- Arterial, Diabetic, Venous and Postsurgical Wounds)
- All patients receive the same quality of care, regardless of payer source. We accept Medicare, Medi-Medi, PPO, HMOs, and IPAs with approved authorization.
- Continued quality measures and improvement activities in built in our practice protocol.
- Physicians recommend generic dressings keeping wound dressing supplies costs contained
- We work as part of a wound care team with your nurses to improve healing rates.
- Physicians may incorporate dietician consult and IV antibiotic therapy if clinically necessary
- Physician documentation and orders supporting your care are completed and returned within 24 hours of our provider's encounter with the patient.
Surgical Wound Consult
We accept all kind of wounds and ulcers for consult and management so that home health and hospice nurses can have wound specialist orders for faster healing or palliative wound care for simple and complex wounds of any etiology. We debride wounds under local anesthesia and use various modalities post debridement to heal wounds faster. We decrease wound size extension by enhancing nutrition, decrease risk of infection and place patients on proper antibiotics, minimize trauma, pain, hospitalization and increase patient quality of life by preventive care programs.